Book Bestfit Booster Presentations for your class today!
OSC’s presenters come to you! Teachers and principals can request free BestFit Booster presentations for their Grade 1-3 classes.
Our BestFit Booster program teaches children aged 6-8 (generally the age children are using a booster) to take an active role in their own safety and the safety of others (i.e. siblings) by learning and speaking up about how to use a booster seat and vehicle restraints properly and safely.
Using fun, age-appropriate, engaging and interactive lessons, our 30 minute Bestfit Booster presentations cover the following:
- Booster Seat Basics & Injury Prevention
- Proper way to wear your seatbelt
- Height vs. Age requirements for transitioning to regular seatbelt use
- Measuring Height Activity
- All students receive a Booster Seat Badge (sticker for their booster seat that displays minimum height they need to be to transition) and a Parent Info sheet to go home
- A follow-up activity that teachers can do with their class to encourage retention of important safety concepts.
Children between the ages of four and eight are almost two times less likely to be seated correctly in vehicles than infants or older children
– Snowden, A., Hussein, A., Ahmed, E. (2008)
Booster Fit Blog Posts
It’s been 45 years since the Ontario Seat Belt Law was passed. Since...
Knowing how to choose a car seat and booster seat for your child can...
You may have seen this news segment from CBS This Morning that...